22186
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:27:38 am »
no sleep, feel like shit, 8:51 on the run.. alot beter than 9:22 hah.. slowly by slowly.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Club Sectionals for ultimate were this weekend so instead of working out I played 14 hours of ultimate over two days. I turned the same ankle I sprained the shit out of last year, so I didn't play nearly as much on Sunday as I could have due to us qualifying for Regionals pretty early on --rendering the rest of our games more or less meaningless-- and me not wanting to risk injuring the damn thing worse. At least I did it while making a cool play (came out of nowhere to D a deep throw against the best team on the East Coast). And the ankle's not that bad. I'm walking normally and will do some active recovery and mobility stuff today to get the blood pumping to the ankle and my sore muscles. I played really well, even with the messed-up ankle. Should be jumping rope and doing some low-impact plyos to get the connective tissue as strong as possible before Regionals in two weeks. After that, the real fun starts.
Well, I said I wouldn't talk about ultimate but I guess I've got it on the brain. Whatever.
21 September 2009
squats : 5x5 165lbs , easy
glut-ham-raises : 3x10 BW
single leg calf raises : 3x15 BW
bench press : 4x5 121lbs , 30sec rest , 1x12 100lbs
wide grip lat pulldowns : 3x6 132lbs , 30 sec rest , 1x15 100lbs
ya but i woke up one day and became instantly bored w/ vert.. so it dont matter ;/
peace
Yeah , thats what i thought, just wanted to confirm it!
vert is a drug though , youll be back sooner or later, LOL
im soooooooo curious , what is that high-rep squat thing that youre doing lately?
just trying to get in better condition.. want to really improve my high rep squatting to some epic levels.
why thought won't that slow down or hinder your vert gains if your doing all this endurance type of stuff
im soooooooo curious , what is that high-rep squat thing that youre doing lately?
17 September 2009
back in the weightroom after 4 months!!!
i relocated gym in order to be able to do free squats. Believe it or not i have never done a free squat in my life , the last 2 years ive been doing them in a smith machine and before that i only did leg-presses.
i didnt push too much , hoping ill be able to move tomorrow , 4 months is a big break!
squats : 5x5 165lbs , wide stance , way below parallel , pretty much ass-to grass.
cable puulthroughs : 3x8 110lbs
bench press : 5x5 121lbs
wide grip lat pulldowns : 4x6 132lbs
so have been sick with H1N1 (just kidding, it's the regular flu...I think) the past several days. felt it coming on over the weekend but just chalked it up to lack of sleep. got hit full-force monday night when fever was up over 101. took the day off from work yesterday and am somewhat better today. still, going home early today and nothing even resembling training will occur between now and the tournament this weekend, except feldenkrais on sunday which was wonderful as usual. the new-agey crap and cultishness are definitely annoying (not as bad as yoga, though, IME), but you can't argue with results and the truth is i feel fantastic every time i finish a lesson. any long-term effects are TBD, obviously, but in the short term it's awesome.
on a related note, the place where i have the most pain due to this whole flu thing has been shoulders and neck. this morning i did an abbreviated version (~10 minutes) of the "rotational use of the arms" lesson from the Open ATM Project http://www-ccs.ucsd.edu/~falk/openatm/#Running. You don't do anything specifically with your neck in it --it's all about the shoulder blades-- but as it has in the past it went a ways towards freeing up my neck.
hopefully will feel better tomorrow and 100% by saturday.
http://bodyrecomposition.com
http://alanaragon.com
The first one just has a buttload of fantastic free articles, as well as a bunch of books and a truly great forum for all things diet-related. The second one is the home of the Alan Aragon Research Review, which is an amazing one-man show of scientific analysis. Costs $10/month. Beyond worth it.
def. original man
was wondering what you thought about the truth about quickness program?