22141
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 08, 2009, 03:04:25 pm »...edit: I FELL ASLEEP ON THE TOILET AFTER SQUATTING... crazy... i was dying.
holy crap!
ya, supreme CNS death..
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
...edit: I FELL ASLEEP ON THE TOILET AFTER SQUATTING... crazy... i was dying.
holy crap!
http://freeverticaljumptraining.com/
can someone have a look at this and tell me whether it is legit or not
i have trainin quite hard and sure i think it is workin
but what i feel a need is a program or schedule so that i know exactly what i need to do each day
looks good.. but will you be doing front squats 3 days a week? if so, why not sub something else in for one of the days.. ?
Because I think too damn much and Starting Strength has three days a week of squatting. I'm already messing with it because I can't back squat to full depth and I can't power clean so I'm depth-jumping instead. If I try to modify it any more what I'll end up with is nothing like the original. Instead, it will be my own BS again. I figure, leave the rest the way it is and see how it goes for two months. It does seem like a lot of squatting, but then again, I'm still relatively a newb so lots of volume will probably help with technique/neural adaptations/whatever. After 2.5 months (program is 8 weeks, plus two weeks for deload...2.5 months) or so I'll probably mix it up.

sup. I'm just looking to turn the useless meatbag I see in the mirror into a finely tuned, sexy, killing machine of sorts. :p I'm just focusing on strength and conditioning until I find a way to actually train under an instructor consistently.
ya 18lb each hand is a little 'weak' compared to your squat.. 0.5 x BW (total of db's in each hand, 45 lb each hand in your case) would be average/normal.. 1xBW (total db's each hand, 95 lb. in each hand) would be very good.. anything above that is getting freaky strong.
dont go rush out and go nuts because of my commentkeep your form good etc, but i guess just set your goals higher on bss.
nah , i dont add plates if i cant support them with proper form execution.
Not anymore anyway , you bet i did it 10 years ago, LOL!
i took a look at my logs, i see that the best dumbells BSS ive ever done was 2x10 holding 52lbs( 2x27 ).
even more ineresting , 9 days after that PR i did BSS at the smith machine and i did 3x8@105lbs.
wtf , thats double load!!!
gotta look those dumbell BSS's closer , thanks for the tips Andrew.