Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - adarqui

Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 1505
22111
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: ultraviolence dunk mix volume 1
« on: October 23, 2009, 07:08:11 pm »
You mean you cannot dunk at all?!?
man that's hard to believe...I bet you'll fly a couple of weeks from now

well nope i can't.. ive jumped like 3 times in two months..

i have pretty bad genetics for power.. without all that frequency/heavy lifting my body turns back into mush.


damn. I know you always say you got bad genetics,I really didn't realize HOW bad you mean.
that does actually make me respect you more than I did for you athletic achievements.
40 inches with this kind of "decompensation" rate is out of this world.

ya im claiming 39 btw ;d, even if i did hit 40, i didnt hit it enough to claim it.. so its not official.. i know 39 fell for a fact though.

ya man, i have horrible genetics for power etc.. almost every time i've deloaded, my vert would drop.. the only time it didn't is when i just transitioned to pure shock-blocks, which isnt a deload..

without weights/plyos I'd probably be 24" SVJ and 30" SVJ max. heh!

in college I was like < 24" svj and 28" rvj, with just bball training/trying to jump max.

i kept up pure intensity for 2 years to get to ~39" rvj.. it takes its toll on you mentally, when you have such shitty genetics, that if you fucking take a week off it drops hardcore, or, when you're PR'n, you partially tear tendons/strain muscles/develop tendonitis.. etc.. shit gets in your head sometimes.. i kept it out for 2 years but i think after i hit the 2 year mark i was just like...... mehhhhhhhhhhhh...

after I tore my hamstring tendon up a bit, every time i was PR'n my jumps, it would resurface.. that really got to me.. its like i just wanted to have fun and dunk/keep progressing, but then i'd have to work around an injury by doing other crap for a month and no jumping.. probably the worst injury I've had (worse than broken bones/torn mcl etc).. cause it just comes back when im making progress, and feels like razorblades in my knee.

so ya that shit got to me a bit, instead of having fun I was just battling too much crap.

I'll probably be jumping a bit more now.. I miss throwing down some self lob dunks.. plus I can make cooler vids when dunking ;d

I want to make gains w/o weights though, I'm tired of weights... those depth drops from 50" got me using full force in my arms to get out of the chair/bed, i can barely walk, so much soreness.. heheh


peace man

22112
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: ultraviolence dunk mix volume 1
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:23:33 pm »
You mean you cannot dunk at all?!?
man that's hard to believe...I bet you'll fly a couple of weeks from now

well nope i can't.. ive jumped like 3 times in two months..

i have pretty bad genetics for power.. without all that frequency/heavy lifting my body turns back into mush.

22113
Strength, Power, Reactivity, & Speed Discussion / Re: Favorite Exercises
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:21:15 pm »
Deadlif
BSS

and deadlift again.  :)

haha.. Esav is proof that you don't need much exercise variety when it comes to heavy lifting.. two lifts, thats it, good progress..

22114
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: ultraviolence dunk mix volume 1
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:38 pm »
just re-watched this.. i love this vid.



when will you release the volume 2?

dno, im kinda doing plyos again and started doing some jumps.. right now i cant dunk I lost alot of inches from not lifting.. i might try and get my jumping back up a bit i dno.. but i dont feel like lifting so i might just play around with plyo stuff.

22115
Introduce Yourself / Re: Introducing myself
« on: October 23, 2009, 05:53:07 pm »
Hi everyone
I'm Enzo.
I was able to improve my (humble) dunking ability thanks to Andrew's valuable suggestions.
The man knows what he talks about,but maybe you all have already realized that.

Join the Darq side;)

hey man!

how's everything going? you sort out that team/training thing?

thanks for the kind comments im glad you made progress off some of my suggestions.

22116
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:14:15 pm »
hey adarqui are you coming out dvd , if yes what is it about ?

nah i was going too.. but im just going to pu all of the info on my site (for free).. it was just going to be on performance, conditioning, advanced methods, work capacity, flexibility, proper warmups/cooldown, some nutrition, how to performance test/keep track of progress etc.. stuff like that.

i'm just going to put it all on here eventually.

peace man





ps: so sore !!! glutes/quads = wrecked.

22117
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:41 am »
i am beyond sore from those 50" depth drops.. unbelievable.

22118
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:16:50 am »
10/21/2009

went and did some jumping, like < 24" SVJ, ~29" RVJ
- court was wet from some rain, but i had a dry path, everything was from 2-3 steps.

~50" depth drops:
- 3x5

VJ to SS drop:
- 3 x 5 each leg

shadow boxing:
- my damn elbow got tendonitis bleh
- i used to shadow box every night and i was fine.. seems like some shit is creeping in, not good.


im doing some pushups right now, going to do 5x20 or so, controlled.

peace

22119
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: ultraviolence dunk mix volume 1
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »
just re-watched this.. i love this vid.


22120
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »
i've gotten "that spot" from front squats also.. wouldn't bug me much at all during back squats.

my upper back would just get hammered.. i tweaked a little erector spinae muscle, took a month or so for it to go away.. the upper back just gets taxed so hard, especially since breathing is somewhat 'impaired'..

hope everything is ok with you.. cya

22121
Article & Video Discussion / Re: Movement Progression
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:19:14 pm »
I put these up for bowen, the first two are good preparatory exercises for the VJ TO SS drop.. perfecting those prep exercises will improve the landings on VJ TO SS much quicker.

quick lunge with reset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7XpORX90k&fmt=22

quick lunges rebounding with pause: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv5SufqW6JI&fmt=22

quick lunges rebounding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkXW7ltZAss&fmt=22

vertical jump to split squat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On8CtyOXvPg&fmt=22

i'll post the variations later, they are actually pretty intense.

peace

22122
Article & Video Discussion / Movement Progression
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:16:24 pm »
I'll be uploading a bunch of videos as the weeks go by.. I'll bump this thread with the new urls/additions.

http://www.adarq.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80

it should be adarq.org/movement-progression.html but it's not sync'd to the sql db or something yet.. eventually it'll be that url.

22123
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: October 21, 2009, 05:45:00 pm »
Dude the color scheme for the new domain name is wack, black on dark gray makes it hard to see stuff, and there's so much white on the page anyway because of the text entry box. Maybe it's just my screen or something. Anyway, I've never tried pause rep benching cause I only started benching last week. Seems like a good method; takes the stretch reflex out of the rep which is supposed to be good. I'll try it in warm-ups on Friday.

ya im playing around with it.. I'm probably going to just download a nice theme instead of doing it by hand.. im getting ready to add a bunch of content to the site.

ya well not only does it take the stretch reflex out, it also builds strength much faster IMO, due to longer time under tension in that weak joint angle.. very rapid eccentric contractions..

peace

22124
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:53:20 am »
Workout today:

Warm up circuit xa bunch
  • Jump rope xa bunch
  • Mobility drills

Work
  • Front squat 3x5x200
  • Bench press 3x5x155
  • Dead lift 1x5x280

Cardio/cool-down
  • row x12 mins @2:08 pace, ~150 bpm
  • stretch

I've mentioned before that I'm stupid. This held true today as I did the same weight for squats as last Friday, despite having the correct weight written down beforehand. It wasn't super hard, though, so I'll try upping by 10# on Wednesday. Dead lifts need to be more careful; 5x280 is pretty easy and I can lift it with shitty form. If that makes sense. Didn't feel bad, exactly, but I know they were ugly. I need some straps, too. Adjusted my position a tiny bit on the bench and it felt better than last week. Less wobbling with the bar on the way up, straighter path.

i've done that about 2 times.. sucks doesn't it?

you ever try any pause benching? one of the best ways to get the bench up IMO.. this kid, russel, 150 lb, came in with 185 x 3 for bench, regular reps... got him on pause benching, could hit 185 x 6 pause bench (5 second pauses) after about 2 months.. hit 185 x 15 or so i forget.. shit works good.. started him at 145 for max reps on pause.. just a good technique if you ever want to mix it up

http://www.youtube.com/user/adarqui#p/search/0/Q2SVmb-XzKA&fmt=22  <-- pause bench at the end of the vid

22125
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 19, 2009, 04:16:30 am »
10/18/2009

- 6 rounds shadow box

- ten 50yard sprints

Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 1505