Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - adarqui

Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 1505
22096
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:10:23 am »
very nice work on 300 x 5..



Thanks. I'll be happy when that number is high enough for me to throw down. Forgot to mention the other day, when I was shooting around before getting into my warm up, I got a full knuckle on the rim for the first time. Kind of surprised myself, in a good way. I've been able to touch 120 before, but I mean barely, so I'd guess I hit around 121, which would mean a 31-32" running vert without really thinking about the jump. Seven more inches to go.

ya thats worth mentioning.. congrats on that too..

the "not thinking about it" aspect is interesting.. when I was jumping my highest, the last 3-4 months or so, I would wreck my running jumps if I wasn't going for a dunk.. they just didn't feel right, and I'd lose 2-3 inches..

then when i'd do the self lobs, wouldn't think about anything, just go up and get the ball and slam it.. thats why most of my best jumps came off self lobs where the ball bounced a bit too high.. its interesting that your body can give you more..

peace

22097
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:16:47 am »
very nice work on 300 x 5..


22098
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:44:32 am »
my CNS is f'd up major..

my left hamstring hasn't stopped twitching for over 24 hours now.. non stop..



uh-oh...
Does muscle twiching means CNS is fucked up?
I am getting crazy quads and hams twiching all the time  :-\

well i wouldn't imagine twitching 24/7 would be a good thing.. im talking 24/7 non stop.

it never happended to me before like this so, .. i would get twitches and stuff when i was lifting, but it would come and go..

i dont have any scientific research to back this up but i would say 24/7 twitching non stop wouldn't be a good thing.. try eating more bananas maybe?

peace

22099
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: November 02, 2009, 05:17:20 am »
my CNS is f'd up major..

my left hamstring hasn't stopped twitching for over 24 hours now.. non stop..


22100
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 31, 2009, 04:58:49 am »
i've been doing ankle hops and pushup isos, and low squat ankle hops, oh and hamstring isos.... every day for about 5 days.

i feel like ive gotten a bit more 'pop' back.. but im just doing that cause i still dont know what i want to do with training.. i kind of think ill get back into dunking eventually.. so this stuff ive been doing has definitely been making me feel my "jump" coming back.

peace

22101
Program Review / Re: Vertfreak
« on: October 31, 2009, 04:51:57 am »
i remember i ordered the program and checked it out...it seemed like they took ACs program and modified it but made it shitty IMO..i did it for a couple weeks and decided it wasnt worth it..but for other people it will work since everyone is different

Never read one of AC's programs so that crappiness was all compiled by my knowledge :)  Thanks!  We have had a pretty solid success rate, and there isn't much out there that is more extensive than VF.

you mean you are seriously telling me you've never read the super hero starter set?

i wonder if it tells you to run meets anonymously with a fake ID, so that you can not have any pressure when running a 10.5.... anonymously.

;)

22102
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hello all!
« on: October 31, 2009, 04:49:51 am »
Adam Linkenauger here,

past in high jumping, vert training, speed training, dunking, and being cool...  Look forward to contributing and learning!

sup man

your wrist still fukt?

cya

22103
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:53:23 pm »
o shit!

Video Views: 300,010

22104
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 29, 2009, 03:16:49 pm »
Haha nope. Calf muscle and Achilles tendon lengths aren't about to change. I've actually thought about this: Would it be possible to surgically lengthen one's Achilles and tighten/shorten the calf muscle? I seriously doubt it because you're dealing with insertion points and grafting muscle to bone and so on. And it'll never happen because who's gonna be the guinea pig? Just hypothetically speaking.

nah i doubt its possible.. with bicep reattachment, you're just reattaching to a spot with more leverage, so you get stronger.. i dont see how you could lengthen the tendon.

genetic engineering will be the future so its all going to start in the womb.

22105
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 28, 2009, 05:59:42 pm »
Man, if I could reach 8 feet standing I could touch 10-6 and could dunk a volleyball. Weakly, but still. I'm 5-11 but I only reach 7-5 (I think). Screw having a short reach.

we're white too so that doesn't help ;)

22106
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:23:59 pm »
re-did my about page.. some motivation perhaps for others.

http://www.adarq.org/about.html

nice pics ;/

peace

22107
Mixed Martial Arts / cool gif's
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:54:01 am »

22108
Mixed Martial Arts / blast gems
« on: October 26, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »
blast`: ok here comes some more fire
blast`: you heard my first flows now here comes the sequels
blast`: I rock the mic so fly you know ive go no equals....
blast`: I shine so bright leave the crowd blind like cecil peoples......
blast`: awwww snap ima rock this like lastnight did machida
blast`: hit me 10x more and ill still beat ya
blast`: in ufc dont gotta win to defeat ya,
blast`: when your shogun judges wanna cheatya

22109
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: no bounce, need bounce
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:32:43 am »
if its low bar, it can be stressful on shoulders/wrists.. or it could be that you just dont back squat often..i think you'll be fine, just inhale some big breathes, hold it, while the bar is on the 'shelf' and you should be fine.. if you're doing that you should adapt to it, if thats all it is.

peace

22110
ya those online calculators suck.. calipers are the way to go.. since most people don't have access, just pinch your fat and look in the mirror ;)

Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 1505