22066
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:02:41 pm »
~100 pullups (neutral grip) and a ton of pushups
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
!!!!
EDIT: That might sound a lil bit harsh. Not intentional. I just get a bit hyped about my teams, you see.
Tried to test vert today but forgot shorts at home. Gave it a shot anyway but I wasn't focused at all. Warmed up, took the recommendation of a paper I read recently and did two sets of five CMJ's with 7.5# dbs in each hand, ample rest. Then I stepped on the mat and my best effort was...28.5". Weak. A PR, but still I feel like I should/could be jumping so much higher. I just peaced out after that and will try again tomorrow with a proper workout afterward.
Any tips on warming up for the jump attempts? I know the iso stim thing works but my gym doesn't have one of those machines. A regular GHR might work, though.
Yeah but I fucking WENT to Michigan, so I still have to watch the games. Painful. Just painful. And my NFL team is the Skins, so basically this year sucks.
is it training for boxing now or vert or just having some fun and working out??
haha, i probably meant my 1 footed approach, that isnt improving.
i think my 2 footed approach is still slowly goin up.
yea, ur right abt stickin with something for abit, tot i'd get some input on what im doing.
hmm, perhaps i'd drop the single depth jumps then.
thanks for the input, and the fast reply!! anythin else u'd think is impt?
damn... my 2 footed vert is coming along slowly now, can get 1-2 knuckles over pretty constantly now.
my 1 footed approach, however, is another story. still also abt 1-3 knuckles.
been changing up my training abit now, lunges, rea squats, single leg depth jumps. still no improvement seen.
any idea why adarq, or anyone else?
got up a simple blog, cowed77-log@blogspot.com, to keep track...
btw adarq, how does one do a single leg depth jump? for me, i drop off, land with my target training foot on the floor, the other leg swings, and nv touches the floor, and then i jump. is this the correct way?
what else should i be doing for my training?
no heartburn this time?
sounds stupid, but how does one land midfoot ??? ???