21601
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Thats cool stuff. You're a real scientologist with all of this.
I remember watching a video analysis of Stefan Holm a while ago. It was super interesting, they went all super slow and showed his plant leg and the biomechanics of how he was able to jump so high. Like his tendon was 4x(?) stronger than the average humans, and it could withstand like a half ton of force before it would stretch, something like that. But yeah, it was shitty that I couldn't find it. Have you seen it before? They had one for Asafa Powell too, and he had a Psoas'(I think) that pretty much filled his abdomen it was so big.
Thats pretty cool stuff.
Makes sense. I like lifting weights. I remember taking a class in HS and it was about people's proportions, 2/3s of the body was to the hip, and 1/3 obviously was for the rest of the body(hip to top of the head). That was supposed to be the 'ideal' figure. Related to women's waist-to-hip ratio, if you know what that is.
But yeah, people with longer legs, IMO, usually have longer achilles as well(just from having longer legs), which afaik makes someone more predisposed to being a natural jumper.
When I look at the Sittting vs Standing measurements, all it is is biomechanics. Lower SHR = longer femurs, right?
So for me, when I squat, my butt doesn't have to deviate from the body's midline as much.
For the lower SHR guys as well. Most people train their strengths too. Human nature, do whats easier(relatively in this instance). Squatting wasn't for that 'type' but like you said they were more 'natural' jumpers.
I dont want to flood this area with dunk vids , but those dunks are inhuman!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZByq9lVOc
No trouble at all. I can fire my glutes very well. Arch or flat isn't difficult.

Workout today:
Cut down tree with chainsaw x2
Cut trees up into pieces x a lot
So much fun. Something wrong with my knee. It was worse this morning but it's still wigging out a little bit. I will not be doing any jumps or heavy lower body stuff for the next little while. And DEFINITELY no frisbee on Tuesday, unfortunately. But this thing just demands rest.
hey guys, i got a blood test recently, most of the values are probably pretty normal, but i have a decent amount not in the normal range. I figured it would be pretty cool if i posted them up and we analysed them, that is if anybody knows how to read them and understand everything. So, anybody know how??????
if so i'll post up the results
I'm Shaun. No need for applause.