21316
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: from bull to beast, hopefully...
« on: April 17, 2010, 12:09:30 am »Did an A workout earlier this week, will post later...
Adarq, I'll need to chill abit for a month, how do I protect the gains I've made? Like, maintainenance or something? I'll only realistically be able to hit the gym once a week for the next 4 weeks.. But I might be able to so something not requiring weights another day of the week.
the only thing you have to make sure of, is that you are working within the same 1RM range.. maintain your strength at like 3x8, and make sure it doesn't drop..
if you meant chill as in, really reduce volume etc, then the 3x8 would be too intense.. if this is the case, just work up to a "near max 5" every week, and that's it.
the point is, either using 5's, 8's, 10's, etc to maintain strength without letting it drop.
pc
I mean, I played all day every day from age 8 to age 22-23.. I would do max jumps all the time, trying to dunk on 8 when i was young, or trying to touch rim when i was in h.s. on up.. didn't do anything for me.. this is a reason why you see dunk/jump programs so popular, it's a majority of people who have been playing ball their whole life but can't jump for shit who are buying the programs... i mean i personally got so frustrated that even years after getting bored of basketball, i still wanted to dunk.. hah.. if anyone put the work in on the court/jumping it was me, didn't help one bit for my vert tho.

