21181
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Food poisoning yesterday = no workout yesterday or probably today.Diarrhea started around 6:30, puking around 8:30. In all I think I made 12-15 trips to the porcelain throne including six or seven times getting up in the night. I'm sort of okay now, but very dehydrated. And all I've eaten and kept down in the past 22 hours is a piece and a half of toast and some orange juice. Oh and a couple of saltines.
Also, I have epic DOMS in my glutes. From the BSS, I'm pretty sure. I think the food poisoning probably didn't help with this.
saw your dribbling video: that was so cool!
cool concept, sweet handles, sick video.
enough said.
ya, the results of stim are highly dependent on work capacity/experience. Most people would experience a ton of fatigue from the 5RM squats, so i wouldn't expect there to be any large scale increase among a training group.
For average athletes, they are going to have to struggle off the bat, with squat stim. That's why I liked the IES stuff.
I personally never liked squat-stim, my knees would ache during the post-stim exercise, such as jumps etc. I had some real good jumping sessions when I did heavy squat singles in the morning and jumps at night, but my knees would ache pretty bad.. knees and shins actually.
For the most part, I like approaching stim from that delayed method, ie a workout on monday positively effective what you do on tuesday or wednesday, I think that is by far the most effective way to use those methods. Plus, most athletes, regardless of experience/work capacity, will see results from that. All that needs to be tweaked is what you do on the stim day (exercise intensity/rest intervals etc). Usually the stim sessions are VERY short and to the point, such as just working up to a heavy single, hitting a set on reverse hyper, and getting out of the gym.
pc!
What about ISO XTREME Stim. My favorite is the ISO XTREME coupled with the car escape route VJ from Level-7 You do those 2 and your vert will immediately increase 37.879%
I also like the XTREME Stim with the dog chase. [racial joke]Works great for increasing speed of the white kids on the team. The black kids seem to stay in a parasympathetic state when being chased by the pit bull... Not sure why [/racial joke]
as far as we know, no-one can even touch the top of the backboard, 13ft
I was almost hit by a car today and that made me think of an idea for vert.
Say your athlete has plateaued at a certain box jump/barrier jump height.
Have a car a couple inches higher drive at your athlete whose escape to the side is blocked.... plateau broken
he's just trying ot get views or he's really dumb either way not worth wasting time on it's probably 10 ft 6 like you said
yea i was gonna post this up, the 42 inch vert was sick