Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - adarqui

Pages: 1 ... 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 ... 1505
20101
nice on bench, what's whoa nitro?


Thanks! I was pleased. Not sure but I think that's some kind of PR. "Like whoa nitro" is something my little something my brothers and I used to say to make something extreme. So, "That chick is hot like whoa nitro," or, "Holy shit, I sucked at basketball today like whoa nitro." Goofy, don't have any idea where it came from, but we used to say it all the time and we still do when we're around each other.

ah.. i remember "like whoa" used to be pretty badass after that rap song, appending "nitro" to it adds a level of geekness. good work.

Quote
EDIT According to the Tim In Vermont ORM calculator (http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/orm.htm), that gives me a max of 247, or almost 1.5xBW! Those things are pretty inaccurate but still that's nice. Closing in on the standard there. Can't wait for the first 5/3/1 workout (Saturday, I think) to see how many times I can rep out 195.

nice man.. ya 1.5xBW bench is strong stuff, good job keep it up.

20102
Strength, Power, Reactivity, & Speed Discussion / Re: squat form
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:23:52 pm »
Looks pretty good! Couple things:

  • You're not parallel on any of them, which doesn't matter that much in the end unless you're trying to do ATG or whatever. On the 275's, it's more like a half squat. Just pointing it out.
  • You do a weird little sit-back thingy before you go down, small, kinda just looks like a hitch. Like zgin's Charles Barkley squats but 1000 times less noticeable. Try to focus on sitting down and back smoothly rather than doing a little prep move, then squatting.
  • Otherwise, back looks okay, shoulders look okay. Knees look okay, no wobbling although they're coming out a little far.

If any of that didn't make sense let me know and I'll try again.

i agree with pretty much all of that, the only thing i've cmoe to have a problem with regarding squatting is that 'push the hips back first' crap.. i mean i'm pretty much on the go straight down bandwagon, which is a very small bandwagon.. I think PL ruined performance training, or something. If not ruining it, they did some damage.

the squats still look good though, very strong too man..

peace

20103
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: Pre/Post workout Supplements
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:19:57 pm »
I agree, the post is worth it despite the load time. I'm wondering though, why LBSS seems so vehemently against just about anything outside of bodyrecomposition.com

I'm not vehemently against anything outside br.com. That would also be retarded. However, the quality of information on there is so much higher than anywhere else I've found that until I find someplace better -- and trust me, I look -- I rely on Lyle for the most part.

Largely because, unlike most other nutrition sites I've seen, HE DOESN'T FUCKING LIE ALL THE TIME* and HE ISN'T A FUCKING MORON.** Also, Lyle's support forum is moderated only for civility, unlike TMag's or practically anyone else's message board. You can troll him to your heart's content, ask the dumbest questions possible, and he will not censor or ban you. Because he's not selling bullshit and he actually knows what he's talking about.

*See: Practically everyone who writes for TMag
**See: Practically everyone who advocates for the Paleo diet/lifestyle, including the two-years-ago version of myself.

i've been modded a bunch of times on t-nation for "posting stuff that would conflict with t-nation", or so the mods told me in the reply.. hehe

20104
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:23 am »
ps: this will be an ongoing project, should be fun, just started it:

http://www.adarq.org/forum/adarq-org-special-content/adarq-org-exercise-index/

20105
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: ADARQ's journal
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:26:22 am »
7/21/2010

bw = 160
sorenes = hamstrings
aches/injuries = tight right, adductor, left pfasciitis, knot right upper back

after workout, while eating, spasmd my back a bit stretching out real weird to turn off a light

diet: lots of milk, stir fry + milk, sandwhich + milk + veggie oil + bananas (6)


workout:
- warmup
- sprint warmup
- some all out 40-50 yard sprints
- double leg bounds: 4 x
- lateral barrier jumps: 1 x 20-30 each side, i forget
- S1: explosive quarter squat: 3 x 5 singles, getting some air
- S1: explosive dips @ N x 5
- barbell relaxed pogos: 20 lb bar @ 50 reps
- barbell relaxed stiff leg ankle hops: 20 lb bar @ 50 reps
- natural ghr: 10 sets of 10 or so, hit some real nice reps but mostly fatigued

done!






explosive quarter squat with 135 lololz:


20106
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wEs_1cGonk&videos=UlG_KpcKrdI

Absolutely epic.

im not a big guitar fan but that was definitely good

peace

20107
sweet, thanks!

for the REA squats, u meant 95kg right?

shit, forgot to put it in kg, nope, i meant 43 kg or so.. real light.. we're backing off slightly on REA for a bit to give you a break, but still doing it to retain efficiency on the movement.. we'll be getting back into heavier ones, but right now just go light on them.

peace!

20108
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: Pre/Post workout Supplements
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:04:16 am »
I agree, the post is worth it despite the load time. I'm wondering though, why LBSS seems so vehemently against just about anything outside of bodyrecomposition.com

well, he gave lyle a big hug, on his nuts, and has yet to let go. He has a very strong grip and amazing pec/lat endurance. :P

the info on bodyrecomposition is really good i do admit compared to many supplement companies who try and push all types of junk science down our throats.. lyle keeps it pretty simple and definitely doesn't come off as a hype artist.. his information is very solid, while t-nation makes claims of 28 lb lean mass in 8 weeks using anaconda or whatever.. so alot of people (and some on here) have some pretty nasty remarks about the good ole` folks at t-nation.

peace

20109
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: THE DREAM JOURNAL
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:55:29 am »
ok so, briefly, im at my house with a gatlin gun (huge machine gun), and cops are surrounding my house.. so i started offing them like terminator, then i take off on foot, in a battle with them for miles.. until i reach some parking garage.. and im running out of ammo.. then i just wake up.

was pretty crazy though.

You have violent dreams.

ya the shit last night was insane.. couldn't really remember it after the third dream though, i know it was action packed.

20110
awesome adarq your the man, i might have to take you up on that after i finish my strength cycle in a couple weeks

thanks

cool man, i'm down!

20111
warm up
shoot hoops -- sucked ass, like whoa nitro
foam roll x15-20mins
ankle rehab circuit
mobility

work
bench 3x165, 3x175, 10x185 -- woot
BOR 3x8x145
circuit x3
--hip-up, foot on ground x15/ea
--ab wheel rollouts x10
--pull ups x5
--leg lowers x10
side plank x45s/ea

cool down

stretch

nice on bench, what's whoa nitro?

20112
alrighty dude, i'll start next week fresh!

can u help me with the weights abit, like u used to? :)

yup.. will do.. :P

20113
Nutrition & Supplementation / Re: The AMAZING Food Picture Thread
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:50:11 pm »
It all looks so... so delicious! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM. (I just had dinner, I think I'll have a protein shake before bed) I'll try to post some of meals on here later on.

the thread takes a while to load, but its worth it right? :)

20114
News, Announcements, & Suggestions / Re: TVS problem...
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:33:21 pm »
This:

Quote
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain ban information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1317 Query execution was interrupted

SELECT ban_ip, ban_userid, ban_email FROM phpbb_banlist WHERE ban_ip IN ('c27eb259', 'c27eb2ff', 'c27effff', 'c2ffffff') OR ban_userid = 89 OR ban_email LIKE 'raptorescu@yahoo.com' OR ban_email LIKE '@yahoo.com'

Line : 160
File : sessions.php

ya stuff like that happens alot around 5-6am my time, it's odd.. i don't really admin the site so i got no idea what that's about..

20115
I want two rolling thunders. Pullups off them would be fun.

2" plumbing handles, like 1$ each:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sBdxxD1lQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-sBdxxD1lQ</a>

bam.

Pages: 1 ... 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 ... 1505