20071
Introduce Yourself / Re: Greetings !
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:33:15 am »Oh sorry I meant I came TO track after playing semi pro (2nd league in ISR- kinda like ABA) basketball after high school.
ahhh, i misread, my fault.
Quote
My hamstrings are very big, my entire thigh is bigger than a lot of bodybuilder's but not the strongest it could be... Otherwise I wouldn't be in the 11's.
ah, do you know how many natural GHR's you can do? what kind of measurement of strength would you use to assess your hamstrings?
i mean for hamstrings or hamstrings+glutes I generally use natural ghr/lunge.
Quote
The camera is a Casio EX-FC100 on 210fps ! Cool toy !! and cheap too.
I currently have 2 coaches trying to get me to play football for the local club, and a national league coach wants me as a small forward, but I am in track now, maybe next year... I do miss basketball though.
Plan... I mostly get help from people who follow the late Charlie Francis, last year was successful but I didn't get the one on one coaching I needed, all I had was this camera and online guys... Also being the fastest in the city means no one better to train with... So all of my sessions were ALONE without coaching.. like a wolf.
I will change that this year.. And that will be the biggest change in training I am planning to make.
Technically, short to long with GPP starting mid august for 8 weeks, then a 10-12 week SPP (3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1) Followed by a comp period, then another 8 week SPP, by then I MIGHT be in the USA sniffin around NAIA, but maybe not... Getting above 50% scholarship is quite hard for me at the moment even in NAIA or D2. Track sucks when it comes to scholarships.. 50 guys in a team so you have to run like 9.9 to get a full ride.
I am hoping with 80% in a very weak cheap school with a new track program, I could get the remaining 20 off SAT scores (October) But that's a long shot.. So i'm not counting on it.
If you have any advice for me about this issue let me know !! Could International students take student loans ? Do you know any track dudes on scholarships ? Where are they and what are they running ?
i've got no idea on the international students stuff etc.. LBSS definitely has a nice post about the times though, I wouldn't imagine 9.9x being the only way you could get a full ride.. i'd imagine anything around 10.5 or lower would allow you to make plenty of D1 track teams.

