19681
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: Videos from today:
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:04 am »Thanks and yeah, the depth broad jumps looked very long actually, I need to measure them the next time. I also was hip hyperextending very well on them which is rare for me (also did hip flexor static stretch before them).
ya your extension looked great on them..
Quote
Power cleans need more work on exactly that hip extension part. I probably need to lean more backwards when I do them or something.
yup
Quote
As for the bounds... yeah I've always done them very fast because that's the way "I feel like making them". I mean, for maximum efficiency (where "efficiency" is a hard to quantify word) I feel like I need to do them fast. But maybe I should slow down and put more power, both vertically and horizontally, into them.
ya there's no one way to do them.. but most people who do them coach a bit more vertical emphasis than how you were doing.. either way is good, they both overload unilaterally to a great degree.
a good way to practice bounding with more height is using alternate leg skip bound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQ1LzoqcXo
the variation you're doing is fine though, you just want to monitor progress somehow, on how much distance you get per N number of bounds etc.. this would indicate better force absorption/strength/etc.
peace man