19111
Strength, Power, Reactivity, & Speed Discussion / Re: Undulating ropes
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:29:42 am »
everyone wants to vote me a grouch I see how it is, FSCK ALL OF U!@$!@$
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Hi Andrew
you shouldn't be so hard on the undulating ropes. I have a set I use with my clients and they are a cool conditioning tool. The people I train like them because it is fun, easy on the joints, and really hard work. For people who have leg injuries, or need to take it a bit easy on the lower body for a while it is a great alternative.
When the weather gets warmer here in Melbourne I plan on doing some conditioning circuits using my prowler (lower body obviously) and the ropes (upper body). I can't see them helping your vert much (unless you need to drop some weight), but for people who need grip strength and general shoulder/upper body strength endurance such as say - an MMA fighter, it would be a good training tool.
That said, I am with you on the skipping rope. I love mine and wish I could get more people using them. I have just ordered a weighted one and am looking forward to having a play around with it.
I am voting for you being a grouch. So is the Thinker.
Jack
Check that whole channel out, there is much more comic relief material in it, Ive been laughing all day. Im just glad you found that channel, that stuff is priceless!
Hahahaha! "I bet youre one of those people on the cross trainers avoiding squats and deadlifts" .... that made everything else after his sentence alot easier to put in perspective.
But, bro, don't you know? All the top MMA guys use the ropes. THEY ARE SO HARDCORE!

I can has undulating ropes??
Is they are good for vert???
its like dunking and jumping very high...
when im just alone in the court...
i can only touch the rim...
but when like my parents or some cute girls watch me play... or even just your friends...
from 30 inch... you gain like 6 inches immediately! then grab the rim!
its true man!
especially if other players want to have jump contest... then can get the net, backboard, touch the rim. etc...
then boom... you grab the rim or dunk... everybody goes like... "dude, thats not 10 feet regulation" or "the rim is bent"...
HATERS! LOL.
HAHAHAHA u get into the weirdest of situations!
i always wondered why u'd need a knife out, but now i think u need one of them john rambo types, those mofos with the serrated reverse edges.
would that be abt 10% bf?
i think lean ness levels are at most just a hair. i see myself in the mirror in the morning as a barometer, and the last 2 bottom abs are just a hair less defined as compared to then, if i remember correctly.
but to be able to gain like 10-12 pounds of mass in 2 months is kinda amazing to me.
much thanks for the amazing programming adarq!
first pic from sometime back, 2nd pic was just now.
1st pic abt 65kg, 2nd abt 70.
4odd kg of what i think is mostly muscle, so the last GPP phase was quite good in some aspects.
i get more trips to the line these days too, from being able to muscle up shots to get a shot foul CALL when im attacking the rim, instead of inbound passes.
im still damn unhappy though, my numbers tho not awesome as conpared to guys/monsters like rip, rutger, flander, chris, are still pretty decent in their own right.
but they're getting jumps around 40, while im still stuck in the low to mid 30s. fuck. i couldnt care less if i squatted 80kg, if i could get up to 40 man.