18961
Pics, Videos, & Links / Re: squat form check
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »Well, in most smith machines, the bar alone does not weigh 45lbs, I think it is usually closer to about 25lbs, so that accounts for a portion of the discrepancy.
Depends on the smith , at the last gym i went the bar with it's equipment ( to roll on the smith axis ) weighted 24kg according to the manufacturer , this one is 20kg.Get in a gym with a proper bar and see the difference.
I for one can't squat at all in a fixed bar squat kind of environment...
Agreed , never thought of squating on the smith , i just had to do it once coz the rack was taken.
This gym im going is very close to my home so its really convenient but ill examine my choices.
Still want to hear adarq's extended opinion about normal/olympic bar differences.
i've never squatted on a 'standard bar' so I really don't know.. I'd imagine weight would 'feel' heavier/less stable on a standard bar, because of how small it is and how the ends don't usually rotate.. not sure though, never had a standard bar in any gym i've been in.
Squatting on a smith would definitely suck compared to oly bar though.. Trying to go deep on a smith would feel like hell I imagine.. I personally would think it would be 'harder' on a smith to go deep than free bar, just because of how locked into position you are with the smith, for me i'd hate that.
peace

if i get lazy with water intake then my ham tendon injury pulls alot easier, same with alot of other aches/pains.