18946
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Scrawny to Brawny Journal
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:09:23 am »Day 1 on Adarqui's program.
- Warmup: Light jog, hurdle mobility drills.
- SPRINT WARMUP: 5x10 yard sprints.
- DOUBLE-LEG BOUND: 5 x 5 bounds
- MR tuck jumps: 4 x 10
- MR pogos: 4 x 5
- SQUAT: 3 x 5 @ 180 lbs.
- GHR: 1x5. Cut short because I felt like I was going to pull my right hamstring.
- CALF RAISE: 4 x 10 w/ 80 lbs.. At first I thought it wouldn't be enough in the end, but it was. Must be because I've never really done much calf work with weights.
- Dips/pullups/core rotation. 3x8 dips, 3x8 pullups, 3x8 pikes. Done in supersets.
- Stretch.
My right hamstring started feeling a little off after my first set of squats. Doing squats wasn't a problem but when I got to the GHR I felt like I was going to pull it. Decided to cut it short to avoid injury.
smart move there.. change those GHR sets to 3x5 for now also not the 5x5, once your hamstrings get real adapted then we'll go back to 5x5.
how did the reactive work feel?
Quote
For a post workout shake I used:
-1 banana
-2 eggs
-2 scoops of pinole (Mexican powdered corn drink mix. Seems to be pretty good for energy and it has some protein in it. Usually I'll use it whenever I don't use whey protein or whenever I've run out.)
-24 oz. milk (about, didn't really bother measuring)
raw eggs dayyuumm.
peace










