18226
Basketball / Blake Griffin needs his own thread - This guy is a freak
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:34:14 pm »
man he is so athletic for his size, can fly..
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Hi everyone,
My name is Brandon and I am on this forum to try to con Lance into helping me with my training, haha. I would like to dunk a basketball though and jump higher after that and see what happens.
Training history: I started off like many unfortunate souls with Air Alert. I moved on to the jump manual which was initially a good program but lacks customization. Although Jacob is available for consultation, he is not always accessible and lacks basic variety in his program (the jump manual is merely a template). I have no history of injury. I am currently following the vertfreak system and trying to work with Lance to make sure I am programming everything properly.
Stats: I need about an inch more to dunk a basketball. I can alley-oop a basketball right now. I am 6'1" and have a standing vertical of 30". My running vertical is not much higher because I lack the requisite form otherwise I think I'd be able to get one down already. I am 180 pounds and 9 to 9.5% bodyfat. I would kill a man in hand to hand combat for an extra inch on my vertical.
I am posting my log here for Lance to review. I used to squat only to parallel but now I perform full (A2G) squats. I used to romanian deadlift but now do straight leg deadlifts so some of my initial tests on these lifts might be a little low based on unfamiliarity with the lifts. Anyway, here is my log.
I have my Monday and Friday workout here but I also do 4x4 running vertical jumps, core, and upper body wednesday, 4x4 running vertical jumps and box jump workout A on Thursday, and 4x4 jumps and core on Sunday. I take Tuesday and Saturday off. Everything below is listed in a reps x sets (as opposed to sets x reps) format.
Week 1 - Monday
8 x 100meters sprints
Full squat 3 reps x 8 sets - 205 pounds
Bulgarian split squats 3x5 - 20 pounds (each hand, each leg)
Stiff leg deadlifts 5 x 5 - 185 pounds
Week 1 - Friday
Stiff leg deadlifts - 5 x5 185 pounds
Box squats 6x4(60%) - 160 pounds
Hang cleans 3x5 - 135 pounds
Power snatch 2x4 - 75 pounds
Jump squat 4x4 - 95 pounds
Week 2 - Monday
8 x 100meters sprints
Full squat 3 reps x 8 sets - 210 pounds
Split squats 3x5 - 25 pounds
Stiff leg deadlifts 5 x 5 - 185 pounds
Week 2 - Friday
Stiff leg deadlifts - 5 x5 190 pounds
Box squats 6x4(60%) - 160 pounds
Hang cleans 3x5 - 135 pounds
Power snatch 2x4 - 75 pounds
Jump squat 4x4 - 95 pounds
Week 3 - Monday
8 x 100meters sprints
Full squat 3 reps x 8 sets - 215 pounds
Split squats 3x5 - 30 pounds
Stiff leg deadlifts 5 x 5 - 195 pounds
Week 3 - Friday
Stiff leg deadlifts - 5 x5 205 pounds
Box squats 6x4(60%) - 160 pounds
Hang cleans 3x5 - 140 pounds
Power snatch 2x4 - 80 pounds
Jump squat 4x4 - 95 pounds
Notes: I am just concerned about setting my squat percentages during weeks 6-10 of the intermediate strength based vertfreak template and would like help doing that. I will update this log weekly.
went out and ran abit yesterday, probably a bad move.
thigh hurts. after i release it from a stretch the damn thing just feels like its heating up.
adarq, i asked u whether this delay in the peaking/strength phase would have any ill effects than if i had gone straight into it after a GPP. wat do u think?
that is a flippin awesome outdoor set up you got going on there...
does you SSB get a lil "funky" when it rains?
that was the first time i missed even 1 workout in idk over a year, but at work was pretty much a workout, constantly carrying 5 gallon buckets of syrups and big metal tubs that weigh 180lbs, but i made up for the workouts on saturday
That 705 dl looked so easy
neutral focus
SH:SP:SR:SH:SP:SR:SH:SP:SR:SH:SP:SR:
power focus
SH:SP:SP:SR:SR:SH:SP:SP:SR:SR:
speed/reactivity focus
SP:SR:SR:SR:STIM:TEST
Not counting the first SP workout as done cause this was a half workout at best. Messed up my back somehow on the first set of tuck jumps, soldiered through the REA and jump squats but when I tried to load more weight on the bar it was just not happening. Fuck. How did I tweak my back doing tuck jumps? I guess this is what I get for trying to work out in the morning, or something.
warm up
jump rope x a bit
core stretches
work
tuck jumps x20 -- balls
t-spine mobility exercises
REA squat 2x3x85
jump squat 3x3x85
squat warm ups
goodbye
cool down
stretch
On the bright side, I'm 24 today.