17956
Basketball / Re: Random/Unknown Dunks
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:25:26 pm »
i still think we should put all dunks in the regular people dunking thread.. i should just rename it to "A WHOLE BUNCH OF DAMN DUNKS AND SHIT."
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
SST is where it all started for me.. Adarq makes it alot easier to understand for people though.. You think super training is worth getting or is all the available info just composed into the book? still getting the book but curious to what you think?

Wow haven't been here in a while. Interesting stuff going on.
For the first two, the big white guy, his terrible form is more a product of his low vertical. He does not have the reactive strength to perform a tuck jump with good form and enough hangtime.
For the ankle hops - he is not overloading his ankles as much as he could if he did not flex knee.
For leg press - he's not training for strength; he is lifting very slowly, stopping at bottom of motion wastes the kinetic energy that can be turned into an explosive lift. That type of lifting is good for endurance and general strength/hypertrophy maybe.
Lol I loved this thread by the way, worst depth jump I've ever seen. I felt lazier watching it
I wonder what happens if you do a downhill sprint followed immediately by an uphill sprint. Like a \_/ running slope.










I'm a little jealous at how consistent you are jumping bro!
Sweet ass on that chick in the blue jeans, 2nd pic. Nice jumping too btw hahaha.
2nd that^^ making it count in front of the ladies aye darq!
I've read overspeed sprinting should be only 1-2% over normal, NOT MORE!
So if you run 40yard normal in 4.5s, with overspeed you shouldn't run faster than 4.4s. Otherwise it's counterproductive and dangerrous.
Nearly all people make that mistake. The reason is if you run to fast your brain feels like it's possible to fall or get injured.
And so it will automatic protect you and that result in BAD SLOW running technic.
I also don't think that all overspeed methods are the same.
If you use downhill runs (no equipment required) make sure you have less then 1 degree slope. Compair the times!
Running with winds is a great way!
Dang! Amazing work Andrew!!! I just now noticed this thread; I'll read it in detail when I'm more awake.
neutral focus
SH:SP:SR:SH:SP:SR:SH:SP:SR:SH:SP:SR:
power focus
SH:SP:SP:SR:SR:SH:SP:SP:SR:SR:
speed/reactivity focus
SP:SR:SR:SR:STIM:TEST
PR PR PR PR PR PR PR PR PR
warm up
shoot hoops -- nice
sprinter's warm ups
submax 1-step jump x2 -- got 30 easily on the first one and knew this was going to be a good day
work
sprint x4x15y
full run up x3x5 -- first jump was a PR, definitely 32 and maybe a bit more, everything was over 30.5 and a bunch were 31.5, might have gotten another 32 or two, as well
MR half tuck 3x10 -- legs/CNS dead
SS x3 (couple reps shy of TF/AF)
--dips x10
--pullups x8,7,7
cool down
foam roll x30 mins
stretch x30 mins
Helped an older guy who was trying to learn how to roll. Like helping people with stuff.
PR PR PR PR PR PR PR PR PR

^^I think my form just gets real bad every now and then from being inflexible.
Power meet:
only slept 3hrs about before (had to leave real early to drive to meet) wasnt too tired tho.
Weighed in pretty light I thought, 233. (no lifting for a week=less glycogen retention in muscles??)
Squats
warmups
135x20+ lol
225x5
315x2-belt
365x1-belt
Attempts
407x1-real easy
447x1-not hard, not easy.
passed on third to save strength for deadlifts
bench
132x1-lol
deadlifts
warm-ups
245x3
335x2
425x1
515x1
Attempts
611x1-ez
705x1-ez
749x1-miss, above knee, woulda got it fresh?? possibly.
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnoLTJVjPw0