17836
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: cowed77's time to get up!
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:04:51 am »
ya and ice the living hell out of that shit, but get it checked man.
:/
:/
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
what i figure im gonna start doing is adarqs high frequency thing or whatever he did when he squatted like 21 times a month.
try it out, see how well it goes, since i kinda did it for a week when i first started deadlifts.
when i did it with deadlifts ( i didnt know people actually did it at the time, just dicked around)
day 1- max 315lbs
day 2- max 340lbs
day 3- max 365lbs
day 4- max 380lbs
day 4- max 405lbs
and ever since then, my deadlift hasnt really gone up to much cept the brief time it was at 500 but its nowhere near that anymore, but it never drops below 405lbs
DAMN! that would be tough to be...that guy is strong.
Sunday:went in for a pot-luck upper body, and some light bball.
decline situps with med ball throws
x15
seated row
100x25
120x15-explosive, lol
200x10
295x10-felt better then ever I think.
abs twist with cable
30x15
60x10
60x10
tricep under hand push downs
50x20
20x20
90x15
90x15
dbl strict press
80's X 5-more in tank for sure.
few bicep things.
then played 2 games one on one with my brother whos home for a month.
did a few dunks on camera, got a standing dunk viid too if you want me to upload it...here a running jump test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ShvUGDFKSc
fuck man, u might need to pray to god of vert/jumping, bball, jesus and any1 else you can think of for head hitting rim thing
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/newyear.html
^^ you only got a few day!!! where you at now bro, how many inches???




gotta rest up abit for now tho haha.
cant even move properly now, and last night was worse. couldnt even put any weight on the foot.
Cool. FWIW, here's a tutorial my man Jimmy put together about how to do it: http://beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/54
Yea thanks, somebody linked that to me a few weeks ago. That's actually when I decided I wanted to start working on it. You know that guy?
12-11-10
First time back doing a squat session.
135x5 185x5 205x5 205x5 205x5 215x5
Ankle felt pretty good, very little to no discomfort when squatting, after session I could feel it a little bit but nothing bad at all.
Squats were kinda tough but I don't think I have lost a ton of strength but definitely a decent amount. I think a lot of it will come back very quickly with each session.
nice.. ya man i knew you'd be able to push alot more weight than you thought you could, before discomfort set in..
if it feels a little weird tomorrow just ice it, but you're not letting it know it needs to REALLY get stronger, otherwise it'd feel shitty forever.. gotta slowly provide that stimulus for adaptation/strength.
I just got up a little bit ago and it feels fine, don't notice anything. I could have pushed more weight yesterday for sure but I wanted to make sure that very little discomfort I had wasn't going to make it worse the next day.
So now I will feel comfortable adding weight next time, will probably go with 225-235 4x5. I was thinking just two full days of rest since ankle feels fine and the weight wasn't really that tough.Quote
nice, those are pretty sick, i can't even do a daggerflag.
pc
lol I'll get some footage of my attempts when they get better and are worth looking at.
LOL, thanks for the support man. I plan to do this again for 4 weeks after this semester when i'm too cheap to get a gym membership.
Complex training.
Did he mean i should do all sets of ME (heavy weights) and than all sets of ballistic exercisese (jumps)
or should i do one set ME than on set jumps? (ME, jumps, ME, jumps,..) like a contrast training
I have invisible VMO on my right leg. It's visible when the leg is flexed, but when it's extended you can barely see it. So much vastus lateralis.

Hey guys, I'm a first time poster here just tellin a lil about myself.
My names Zander, I'm 16 years old 6'0" and have yet to start working on my vert. I failed to make my school team for the first time ever so I created a new goal. I want to dunk the ball with authority in game, and i know one way to achieve this is through strength training.
I'm an alright natural jumper (My PR is hanging on the rim with one hand), but i need to definitely boost my jump. Once i start something i am not going to quit, so if anyone can help even in the slightest way it would b appreciated. Currentley i am a Junior in Highschool, playing recreational ball, and joining a gym in the next few weeks. I really want to get in that gym know what im doing, and show that coach who cut me who's boss. (Any input is appreciated)
Peace and Love, Zander
only one set ME each day?
or are you doing 3 sets?
a day of junk food and rest is good sometimes

drew is in da zonehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78A7SMZx4A4

