17761
Program Review / Re: Squat flex and jump manual or the gym?
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:58:10 am »
beast
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Hey there, for those who dont know me let me fill you in. I am a 25 year old ex basketball player who lives in Las Vegas. Around age 21 or so I started training for vert improvement. I scoured the net for info and ended up getting hosed by marketer after marketer. (thanks so much for the "Call em out" section, should be first result for vertical jump google searches) Now years later I have a pretty good jump to show for all of my efforts. (i did find one decent program finally) I am 5'11" approx 185 on most days. Recently I have been playing alot of basketball and sticking to a simple lifting template consisting of mainly the big lifts.
I am mainly here beacuse it seems to be a more active forum, and I really respect the opinions and efforts of trainers such as Adarq and LanceSTS. Their no bs, not in it for the quick buck, approach is refreshing and greatly needed.
running vert vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VIe54iPVg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
dunk vid (about a year ago) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSbazBBlG8
verts on a vertex (done without warm up) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlU5QkZz1YQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
short sprints make you *human*get em` in ! intervaling them sub max helps with cardio too.. but max effort short sprints (10m-20m etc) just does wonders for your health.
peace man
Sprints feel good. I plan on hitting some thursday night. definately one of the missing links!
Comeback road is hard, but I feel a little better everyday.
Jim Wendler on how to suck at powercleans:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqdy3sOan6w
you jumped at/almost at that little one's shoulders


















I thought this was an anti box jumping thread!

took the ol' gf to the gym today.
warm up
foam roll
mobility
work
teach gf squat, dl, ohp and chin up
row x10 mins @easy pace
incline walk @14 incline x15 mins
cool down
stretch
Yep. I'll be fully updating my journal tomorrow night. Today I have another concert to play in... joy. At least I have 17 days off school to relax... and get some serious squatting and sprints in along with some upper body. Quick correction: First indoor track meet is January 15th. Any ideas on what to do over the break? Or just the same as my current program?
Back to the log:
15 Dec 2010
BBall practice. 1,5 hours of full court 4-on-4 , exhausting!
Did very few jumps , got a 10'5'' dropstep touch and a 10'7'' 2-steps DLRVJ touch.
All upper body was really sore and tight from weights previous days , reach measured after practice at 7'10'' ( 1'' less than normal ). So that's a 31'' dropstep ( PR tie ) and 33'' RVJ ( Season Best ) , nice!

when i was in China i only only visited QuanZhou and ShengZhen both are huge industrial cities now (and quite dirty). my bro was working and i didn't get to go around and check out the any places by myself. in HK i did get a brief moment to check out Victoria Park and it had 4 full courts. didn't see any impressive ballers there. couple of ABC looking dudes were okay. as for park, the biggest one i've seen is actually here in Taipei. it's in the river bank and it has... at least 10 courts. let me try to find it on google maps.
indeed it has 10 courts. 25.063727,121.474348
oops, actually not sure what that court is. but just north west of it is the bball court. 10 courts. 25.070802,121.461655
hey, just found this. could be useful in the future! http://www.courtsoftheworld.com