16
Progress Journals & Experimental Routines / Re: Raptor's log
« on: August 17, 2026, 09:55:38 am »
Gym work 95
Medium bar squat (heels elevated): 20x5, 60x5, 80x5, 100x1, 80x5, 80x5
Half squat (explosive): 80x3, 80x3
Bench press, just a tad wider: 20x5, 50x5, 60x3, 70x3, 70x3, 70x3, 60x7 (wider)
Hip thrust: 60x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x5 (tired)
Back supported leg raises: 10, 10
Triceps pulldowns (chest flys machine): 5S+1L plates x 15, 5S+2L plates x 15
Workout time: 15:10-16:10
Workout duration: 1h
Bodyweight in the morning: 89.1 kg (-0.2 kg)
Exhaustion level: 10/10
Comments: Tested my hip flexor/adductor injury, it's about 80% there, so I did just 1 rep with 100 kg. Heels elevated feels difficult as the quads don't even fire consistently and the other muscles are taking over to compensate as I go through the range of a rep. Bench press was difficult although I have a feeling the barbell might be heavier - it feels like 25 kg or so (or maybe the other one was lighter than 20 kg).
Hip thrust was perfect - full range of motion, hip hyperextension, glutes working and being sore, no lowerback issues.
Surprisingly, the leg raises (which I haven't done in ages) were not that difficult, legs almost completely extended. They are difficult in the sense that it takes effort to move my long and heavy legs but I could do 10 with no issues. Afterwards I could barely move my legs when walking. I think this is an underrated weak point of my body, even so, and will continue to do them.
Medium bar squat (heels elevated): 20x5, 60x5, 80x5, 100x1, 80x5, 80x5
Half squat (explosive): 80x3, 80x3
Bench press, just a tad wider: 20x5, 50x5, 60x3, 70x3, 70x3, 70x3, 60x7 (wider)
Hip thrust: 60x10, 100x10, 100x10, 100x5 (tired)
Back supported leg raises: 10, 10
Triceps pulldowns (chest flys machine): 5S+1L plates x 15, 5S+2L plates x 15
Workout time: 15:10-16:10
Workout duration: 1h
Bodyweight in the morning: 89.1 kg (-0.2 kg)
Exhaustion level: 10/10
Comments: Tested my hip flexor/adductor injury, it's about 80% there, so I did just 1 rep with 100 kg. Heels elevated feels difficult as the quads don't even fire consistently and the other muscles are taking over to compensate as I go through the range of a rep. Bench press was difficult although I have a feeling the barbell might be heavier - it feels like 25 kg or so (or maybe the other one was lighter than 20 kg).
Hip thrust was perfect - full range of motion, hip hyperextension, glutes working and being sore, no lowerback issues.
Surprisingly, the leg raises (which I haven't done in ages) were not that difficult, legs almost completely extended. They are difficult in the sense that it takes effort to move my long and heavy legs but I could do 10 with no issues. Afterwards I could barely move my legs when walking. I think this is an underrated weak point of my body, even so, and will continue to do them.